Emergency Kit Essentials
You can never be sure when a disaster is going to strike. Luckily, there are steps that you can take to ensure that you are prepared for anything that comes your way. Make sure your emergency kit includes these essentials to know that you are ready for any disaster.
- Water – keep one gallon of water per day for each person in your house. Keep at least a three-day supply at all times.
- Food – non-perishable items and canned food will keep for a long time and will give you the nutrients needed to survive. Also, make sure to keep a non-electric can opener in your kit.
- First aid kit – your kit should include everything to deal with anything from a small cut to a much more serious wound.
- Blankets and extra clothing to stay warm.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- Emergency cash or checks – credit card machines may not work if the power is out during an emergency.
- Baby supplies – diapers, wipes, food, bottles, infant formula, and any other supplies that your baby will need each day.
- Medications – keep a three-day supply of any medication that any family member needs, including your pets.
- Insurance policies – keep a copy of all your insurance policies, including your home, auto, life, and health policies in an easily accessible area.
- Home inventory – make sure to update your home inventory at least once a year.
- Account numbers – a list of your bank account numbers, insurance accounts, and any other similar accounts.
- ID – make a copy of your ID and or driver’s license if you are not able to grab your wallet.
Having the right homeowners insurance policy will help to ensure that you and your assets are protected in case of any disaster. Contact the insurance professionals at DG&M Agency in Rochester, New York for all of your home insurance coverage needs.