Getting in a car accident is one of the most stressful and scary situations that you can experience on the road. Along with staying calm during the situation, it is important to make sure that you know what to do in the event of an accident. Keep these tips in mind to ensure that you are prepared if you are ever in a car accident.
- Exit your vehicle and check to make sure anyone else that was involved in the accident is not injured. Get medical attention as fast as possible for anyone that is injured.
- Call the police immediately. Not only will they be able to help at the scene, but they will also be able to call for help if additional help is needed.
- Take pictures of both the damage that is done to your vehicle as well as damage that is done to any other vehicles.
- If possible, move your vehicle to the side of the road, and set up flares or cones to protect the scene.
- Never admit fault to anyone at the scene. This will make the claims process with your insurance provider much more difficult.
- Always give the police on the scene as much information as possible. This will help with the claims process with your insurance provider.
- Make sure to ask for a copy of the police report while you are at the scene so that you will be able to submit it to your insurance company.
- Write down all the vital information from the scene, including the names and addresses of anyone that was involved in the accident. Also make sure to write down the license plate number and make and model of each vehicle.
- Get the name and contact information from any witnesses at the scene.
Most importantly, make sure you have the proper coverage prior to any loss by contacting DG&M Agency in Rochester, New York for your auto insurance needs.