Winter Home Maintenance
Even though spring is right around the corner, the cold winter temperatures are still hanging around. While you are probably dreaming of a tropical island vacation, it is important to make sure that your house is ready for the last leg of the spring season. Keep these home maintenance tips in mind to ensure that your house is still standing strong when the spring flowers start to bloom.
- Check the weather stripping around all of your doors and windows. If you find any missing or damaged weather stripping due to the last winter storm, make sure to replace it to prevent the cold winter weather from creeping into your house.
- Look at all the windows throughout your house. If you find any broken glass, gaps, or cracks, replace the glass. Even a small crack can be enough to significantly drop the temperature in your house.
- Check all the outdoor lighting around your house. A brightly lit walkway and yard will help to prevent any accidents when walking on icy walkways at night.
- If the blades of your ice chopper have become dull from months of chipping away at the ice around your house, sharpen them to ensure that they are ready for the next storm.
- Hire a professional to come out and check on your furnace. After months of use, there may be new problems that have popped up. Make sure to have any issues fixed as soon as possible to keep you warm.
- If your roof is not covered with snow, take a look at it. If you find any missing or damaged shingles, replace them as soon as possible to keep your attic dry.
Before spring arrives, it is the best time to look over your homeowners insurance policy to ensure that you are protected from any peril. Contact DG&M Agency in Rochester, New York for all of your home insurance needs.