The holiday season doesn’t have to put you in debt!
With the holiday season in full swing, you may be looking at your bank account and trying to figure out the best way to keep it from entering the red. From buying presents to hosting parties, it can be easy to throw your usual budget out the window during the holidays. To help your wallet stay full throughout the holidays, keep these holiday budget tips in mind.
- Figure out a dollar limit for how much you’re going to spend on presents for each person and stick to it. Consider setting up a gift exchange program with your family so that you will only be responsible for buying a gift for one person to help you save big.
- Try and do most of your shopping online. Many retailers offer deals during the holiday season, which can include free shipping. Shopping online will also mean saving on your gas bill.
- Try to use cash as much as possible when shopping. The less you use your credit card, the lower your credit card bill will be when the first of the year rolls around!
- Consider getting a second job during the holidays. Many companies need seasonal employees to keep up with the high number of customers. Using the money that you earn from a second job will help you avoid using your normal income for any gifts.
- If you are crafty, consider making gifts on your own instead of buying them. Plus, a homemade gift will help to show your loved ones how much you care.
Having the right insurance policies can help to ensure that you’re not financially devastated after just one incident this holiday season. Contact the independent insurance professionals at DG&M Agency in Rochester, New York for all of your insurance coverage needs this season.